Like every other year, 2017 saw several controversial scenes that had Ghanaians with their hands in their mouths. EverthigGh.com has compiled a list of people who rocked the news the most in a 4-4-2 football formation. The list includes some influential and powerful people in the society and they were picked from all sectors in Ghana including sports, politics, religion, entertainment etc.
1. WANLOV KUBOLOR: At our goal post is Wanlov Kubolor. Wanlov was all over the news over his choice of clothes. He always seems to either dress oddly for the occasion at hand or underdress. At his highs, Wanlov dressed like a woman for a live T.V program.
2. PROPHET KUMCHACHA: The renowned prophet was let loose throughout the year. He attacked several personalities most notably Ebony.
3. AKUA DONKOR: Mad. Akua Donkor never fails to impress. She was almost always present at all public ceremonies stirring controversies in her stead.
4. LAWYER AMPAW: This lawyer apparently is known in the entertainment industry more than his law profession. In fact, he happened to have been in the news more than the courtroom throughout the year.
5. PROPHET OWUSU BEMPAH: At the rock of defense is Owusu Bempah. Prophet Bempah’s rise to fame rocketed after the victory of the NPP. Carried away after his name was mentioned in Nana Addo’s Thanksgiving message, the prophet made several prophesies for the year with little if none seeing the light of day.
6. PROPHET OBINIM: Angel Obinim has a legacy spot on this list. He has been controversial since. This year was no different as the “man of God/shapeshifter” was all over. Before the year ended he asked all his followers to bring their underwear to be burnt to purify the new year. He then cautioned against criticizing him as he will cease protecting anyone who does. Yes, it is that serious.
7. KENNEDY AGYAPONG: Another with a legacy spot is Kennedy Agyapong. The lawmaker was spiteful after he was apparently not considered for certain government projects. He castigated some of his own party members and attacked popular TV host KABA at it. He is also constantly attacking members of the opposition party.
8. COUNSELLOR LUTTERODT: We can agree that this man has a big mouth. He has managed to attack popular personalities all year round. Among the tall order of people is Yvonne Nelson. The actress drastically suffered in the hands this man who nobody knows what qualification he possesses.
9. SHATTA WALE: This year’s top striker is none other than the all controversial Shatta Wale. Wale’s rise to glory has been characterized by several attacks. In the past, he has beefed Samini, Khaki, Stonebwoy and Charter House. This got him the publicity he needed to make his mark. This year with the aim of getting international recognition, Shatta decided to attack none other than Nigerian superstar Wizkid.
10. AFIA SCHWAR: No controversial list is complete without the Ghanaian terminator. In a video that rocked the country, Schwar was caught cheating on her husband who held bottle he claimed was full of acid. The mother of 3 got terrified and pleaded for her life. The content of the bottle, however, turned out to be a soft drink. Traumatized Afia has now taken her husband to court and there is no shortage of controversy there either.
11. COUNTRYMAN SONGO: Fireman as he is popularly called, Countryman Songo is an award-winning Ghanaian journalist who likes to attack personalities and keep them in check. Several personalities have suffered at the hands of this sharp mouth most notably Black Stars captain Asamoah Gyan and GFA president Kwesi Nyantekyi. Songo is highly adored and supported across the country.